Friday, May 4, 2012

What to say?...  Haven't blogged in forever.  Been busy(and lazy).  


Right now, I'm tending some chicks.  I want fresh, organic, pastured eggs.  I have 7.  3 ISA browns, 2 Barred rocks, a bantam golden seabright, and a white silkie.  We think the seabright is a rooster.  Oh joy...  They are a riot to watch strut around the yard.  My little dog loves "his" chickens.  






Sam and "his" chickens


He watches them every time I let them out.  The other two dogs try to eat them, so they're not allowed outside with the chicks.  When they get enough feathers to be outside all the time they will be behind a fence.  The big dogs won't be able to get them then.  I didn't know how amusing chickens really are.  They are a great stress reliever.  I can watch them for half an hour or so and the stress slowly ebbs away. Everyone should have a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment