Monday, June 29, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch

Like others, I too decided it was cool enough to bake today. I made a strawberry rhubarb crunch for my hubby. He wanted pie, but crunch is easier. I don't do pie crusts well. I thought I would share the recipe.

STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH

1 cup sifted flour (I used oat bran flour)
3/4 cup oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups sliced strawberries and rhubarb, mixed
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon; place half the crumb mixture in 9-inch square pan. Add fruit. Combine sugar, cornstarch, 1 cup water and vanilla in medium saucepan ; cook until thick and clear. Pour over fruit; cover with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment