Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Day in the Life

Well, what happened in my world today? Let's see. I got up, had a shower went to work and it all went to pot. As I was unplugging my hi-lo this morning I noticed that five rows of product had fallen over this weekend. Eight skids at seventy-five boxes a skid. I cried a little and picked them all up. My boss was kind enough to send someone to help me though. Normally, I am alone in my warehouse, but he sent someone to stay with me today and help catch up. I was behind because last week the people loading the trailers were putting boxes on the trailers that should have gone right to repack because they were wet and damaged on the trailers coming to me, so I had to sort through them. Then I had two trailers that the skids had to be restacked because they had fallen over in the trailer. I bought pizza for dinner tonight.

I did get a phone call from a friend I made a purse for this weekend thanking me for it. She said she showed it off to everyone. It is nice to be appreciated once in a while.

I deadheaded my iris tonight. They are just starting to bloom. I harvested some sage and some lemon balm today. I will freeze them for use in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment